Transport by train dates back nearly 500 years, its systems involving, man or horse power with rails of wood or stone.
The modern rail appeared in England in the 1820’s. There is something so romantic about traveling on a train. A great sense of adventure even when you just step into a rail station in all its grandeur and splendor. Stepping out onto a platform, and into the train and hear the whooshing and whistling sounds of the train and conductor while you take your seat.
The Luxury of Train Travel
Think about old movies, romantic scenes on the platform, tearful goodbyes and passionate hellos. Even the new Harry Potter movies have the children traveling on trains. You get to spend hours, riding in more comfortable state of lounging, dazing dreamily out the window at the passing scenery while reading a book, having a coffee and enjoying a delicious snack. With all the new challenges of air travel, next time you want to take a trip, why not consider trains and make the train trip part of the adventure itself! Here are some links for a virtual trip to some beautiful train trips and stations. There’s even a spa train!
Global Luxury Rail Travel
- Orient Express www.orient-express.com
- Golden Eagle Daube Express www.goldeneagleluxurytrains.com/trains/danube-express/
- Belmond Andean Explorer www.belmond.com/belmond-andean-explorer/
- Belmond Royal Scotsman www.belmond.com/royal-scotsman-train/
- Belmond Grand Hibernian www.belmond.com/grand-hibernian-train/
- Deccan Odyssey www.deccan-odyssey-india.com/
- Rocky Mountaineer www.rockymountaineer.com