This recipe came about by happy accident after being gifted abundance of produce: an entire flat of mangoes.they were ripe and ready for eating, I could not imagine how we would make use of these before they went off, so I followed my nose to the spice cabinet and came up with this succulent dish.
Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and cut the mango into pieces, and place into a buttered oven proof dish
- Dot the mango pieces with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and nutmeg
- Cook for 10 minutes for succulent mangoes or 20 minutes for a more intense flavour.
- Coat each mango piece with the glossy sugary juice in the dish. Service with ice cream, whipped cream, French Toast or on the side of your favorite dessert.