This Tiramisu is perfect to make not only because of the no-cook factor, the fabulous taste and elegant presentation – which can be enhanced with a simple sprig of mint and a little biscotti on the side, but it is very fast to make.
This is one recipe I constantly get asked to make: Tiramisu. This dessert in my home has been made for all occasions, casual Saturday afternoon lunch, brunch, dinner and for dinner parties. It’s simplicity is made special with the addition of some unexpected ingredients!
Gourmet Tiramisu with Cognac
- 1 ½ cup coffee, cooled or lukewarm
- 2 T Cognac
- 400g Cream cheese
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 packages of Ladyfingers
1. Place coffee in a medium bowl. Add in 2 tbsp cognac and stir gently to blend. Set aside
2. Place cream cheese in a stand mixer and using paddle attachment on medium low, blend to soften. Gradually add in heavy cream on medium low until combined. Once combined, increase speed to medium and mix until begins to thicken. Add in sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, continue to mix until fluffy and starts to produce peaks. Set aside.
3. In a 12-cup glass or clear plastic bowl, place 3 tablespoons of cream cheese mix and spread on the bottom.
4. One at a time, dip ladyfingers into the coffee mix (3-4 seconds) and place in a row on top of cream cheese. Add another layer of cream cheese (increasing # of tablespoons as needed to cover ladyfingers). Continue to layer. Last layer is a thick layer of the cream cheese mix. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and/or chocolate shavings.